For speaking engagements, please contact Melvin Blackman at Tel. 917-753-5858
click here to download file
Snapshot of THE BURNING HOUSE PROJECT, INC.
I have presented BHP in various forums for years. Here is just a partial list;
* New York State Correctional Facilities Presentations include, Sing Sing, Edgecome, Bedford Hills, Lincoln, Otisville.
* Successful Pilot Re-Entry Program at Queensboro, C.F.- 5 separate groups (5 sessions each) completed at this facility in
2015. Exit surveys were overwhelmingly in approval of BHP. BHP was seen to be very different from any other program, of which
there are many in prisons. This approval coming from the incarcerated indiviuals themselves.
* I have done presentations at many colleges such as John Jay College, LaGuardia College, Monroe College, Kingsborough Community
College and I have conducted two successful BHP workshops at Medgar Evers College in the spring of 2017.
* I have done many presentations at Parole report sights.
* I have also held BHP groups at Senior Centers under The Fort Greene Council. We need to bring the elders into the conversation
* I was invited to The White House July 27, 2010, for a one on one meeting with one of President Obama's cabinet members,
who was very impressed with the potential of the approach of BHP.
There is more, but this is just to give you an idea about the focus of BHP.
Melvin Blackman, Founder of THE BURNING HOUSE PROJECT, INC. www.theburninghouseproject.com